Need advice fast !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

c0mf0rt

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up this morning to find that my linckia starfish has a seperated leg.... he was near the leg and the leg is SWOLLEN... I wasn't sure what it was until I saw the starfish.... is this some sort of sexual reproduction or should I get it outta there before it fouls up my tank ???? The only reason I even ask is because it's soo swollen..

Could be a bacterial infection.... Did you touch it there? Oils from your skin can harm/kill a linkia. Don't worry about them fowling the tank, I had one die and it did nothing. Then again what size is your tank? They look like there melting when there in bad shape. And a separated leg with linkia can grow into a new SF.

He did develop a bacteria infection a while back... (looks like an open wound)..... but the leg came from a different section of the starfish.... and yeah I was reading that they can grow a new SF from just a leg... THAT'S KEWL ......... not sure what to do about the infection though.... hoping it will just go away after a while.... my tank is a 60 gal by the way......

Back
Top Bottom