Need details on superglueing mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gesh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have several loose mushrooms in my tank, which have released from their former rock. I've read about using superglue to affix them to a new rock to result in a nice new piece, but I've never seen details. So, please help if you can. Here are my questions. Do I take the target rock out in advanve to dry it? Do I glue the mushrooms outside the tank (this seems obviously to be a yes)? How long after gluing to the rock do I place the rock back in the tank? How long can the mushrooms be out of water before suffering? Thanks to all. (I'll also place this in the more advanced forum - sorry of that violates some rule.)

I have moved your second thread on this topic to a duplicate area. I'm sure you understand that starting the same post in two different forums is confusing. :wink: I'm sure this post will get plenty of answers!

I was just going to ask the same question i bought some glue from my lfs and i want to move some mushrooms off a rock to another they are all together overeachother allso i want to move this frag off the stone its on to a rock ive included a pic thanks!

I have had good luck spearing the shroon with tooth picks and the sticking the TP into a hole in the LR and pushing the shroon tight to the rock.
Right now I have some small shroons and I have a Glad plasticware bowl in the tank with LR rubble in it with the shroons laying on top of that. In a week I had 2 attach to small LR pieces and Im waiting for the others to attach. It can be hard to glue shroons. If you must try it make sure you get super glue gel.

Back
Top Bottom