need expernal pump advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bre's dad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an older Lifeguard Quiet One that has been a good pump over the years, but is starting to get noisy & should probably be replaced. A LFS has a Quiet One for about $125. I'm seriously considering getting it, given how reliable the last 2 I've had have been. I'm also open to suggestion. I've heard you can't go wrong with Iwaki or Little Giant. I bought a Little Giant awhile back as a secondary pump. I got rid of it... too noisy. It had always been oiled & was never ran dry, just real noisy... Do Iwaki's need oil? I figure if I go Iwaki, I'm looking at a WMD 40 RLT (approx 750 gph). This is a return pump for a 120 gal tank. Any advice? My sump is drilled, so I need (well, prefer) to stay with an external.

Another Good return pump that I Highly Recommend is the GenX pumps.. A pcx30 or pcx40 will last a long time.. I know personal people that have used them for years without any issues... I have had my dealings with the manufacture with another product that they produce and The customer service was top notch... I am a bit luckier as they are only about 15mins from me so its a short drive... I would highly recommend looking into them.. I believe you can get the pcx40 1190gph or 1150gph at 4' head for 119.95 at www.premiumaquatics.com I know the pcx30 is extremely quiet and would think the 40 would be as well...

HTH<
James

Back
Top Bottom