need help on deciding on a protein skimmer please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks ok, it is a non portable one though, I think that one you linked gets installed under the sink. Not really sure but better to have more than not have enough when you need it.

theirs no description on it so i don't know i don't see why i wouldn't be able to just hook it up to a garden nose nozzle i bought the attachment i guess will see

Ok carey im sorry i am trying to get the best one so i returned that one because i didnt want the one that installs under the sink i found this one i want to see what you think and if not this one can you reccomend me a nice one for 100 bucks that will be close to an overkill for my tank so i will have a good system for the future when i get a bigger tank.
REVERSE OSMOSIS RO/DI REEF AQUARIUM REEF WATER FILTER | eBay

The one above isnt a bad deal cause they give you a garden hose adpator and a tds meter too. You use the tds meter to be able to tell when its time to replace the filters.

The more stages the better in my opinion though. Purewater on ebay has one that does 100gpd and is a five stage i think.

Just gotta look around is all. :)

Since no one is answering my thread i figured id give you a try carey if you feel like reading all this to help me out with my new coral haha So i have had this coral for 2 days now and 2 heads are opening up nicely but no where near full length and these other 2 heads are pretty closed up releasing this brown slime, their in a 45 gallon tank (tall) and their under dual t5 on a HO ballast solar max. their a little lower then middle of the tank do you think i should move them higher or leave them for awhile and see what happens they might still be adjusting? also i know this isnt part of the thread just a curious question my new mystery wrasse i have had for 5 days and she has this part on her body that kind of looks like an abrasion and it may be healing? it looks milky white do you think that could be a disease she has been eating very little each time i feed the tank.

As far as the coral it probably will take a few days to be sure if it's gonna open or not as it's probably adjusting. if you don't see an improvement I would place them higher up in the tank, you have a deep tank and only 2 bulbs. :-(

Do you have a picture of this brown slime adn the coral? There is something called brown jelly disease I think and I'm not at all familiar with it but a picture may help others.

Anything CAN be something to worry about with fish and corals.....does it look like the fish just got scraped on a rock perhaps? Not sure about the white stuff unless we see a picture, ya know it's worth a thousand words. LOL

Back
Top Bottom