need help with a coral transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfriends05

Aquarium Advice Regular
i need some help with 'how to take a portion of some xenias and transplant them into another tank. Any ideas would be great.

Take a small rock and place it right at the base of the xenia. it will usually move onto the rock by itself, then u can move it wherever.

I have used bbreefs method and I have simply peeled it off the rock and cut it, then loosely yet snuggly banded it to a piece of rubble, I have also simply ripped it out with my hands and repeated the rubber band method of attatchment.

Most of the xenia's I am taking are attached to the wall of the overflow and some off of the rock. I am taking from my friends tank because the xenia's are starting to take over the whole left side of the tank and he doesn't want to just junk them. Thank goodness. :D Would I be safe to use a clean razor blade to get them off the overflow walls and some of the rock or would it be better to see if I can just peel them off. Once I do have them off, is it a good idea to glue them to another piece off rock or just rubber band them. And should I use any chemicals to help the extracted part of the coral.

Would I be safe to use a clean razor blade to get them off the overflow walls and some of the rock or would it be better to see if I can just peel them off.

LOL, yep, either way. The blade will probably be the easiest.

Back
Top Bottom