Need help with frag aptasia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Friend just brought me over a frag that he bought for me as a thank you for helping him get his SW tank up and running. I gave him some substrate rock and fish to get him going.

I'm looking at the frag he bought me and I see an aptasia on it. How can I kill this guy BEFORE it goes into my tank? And how long can I keep floating this aptasia in the bag?

I don't have any coral dip and it's not on this weeks list, so any ideas would be appreciated!!

Where exactly is the aptasia on the plug, and what coral is on the plug? You could just chip off the piece of the plug with a pair of pliers that has the anemone on it.

Their zoanthids from what I can tell it looks like its on the coral not the frag piece itself. I'm assuming they can stay out of the water long enough for me to get it off? It very close to the plug portion but it's hard to tell

Sins it will retract after taking it out of the water, I think I'm gonna go for the Glue trick

Thanks for the help guys, it was easily covered with a dab of glue. I think a potential issue has been avoided

Back
Top Bottom