need help with tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what type of fish are better to keep?

• more aggressive fish like trigger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • or more suttle fish like clowns or tangs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

border324

Aquarium Advice Regular

hi new user here! great site!
i have been in to salt water for about 1 year now and have bought over 300.00 in fish in the past year! i have a 55 gallon fish tank. with a XP2 filter rated for 75 gallons, also a ventrie protin skimmer. a 250 watt heater my temp stays about 80 degrees. and i alway do my water changes every 2 weeks! i check my ph 1 monthand its fine. next month it drops down and so on. over the last year i have bought tangs, clowns, damels, box fish, crabs, snails, you name it i have probley had it! i just bought a trigger about 3 weeks ago.
well i have one clown fish that i have had since i started and is still alive now. every thing else died. now my trigger is acting up, he always hids when i come in to the room. and some times i see him just lay on rocks like he is dead, and not even move. he/or she also scrapes him self on the rock like the has marine velvet or ick. local fish store and on line buddies told me to put low amounts of cuppermine(copper)in to tank. so i did has not made a differince yet. how should i go by trying to fix my tank problem and do i have all the right stuff to have a great marine tank. if not what do i need.
[/b]

Some species of Triggers actually sleep on their sides. We'd need more information on water quality, food, etc. before going further.

aggressive fish = FO, not many, if any inverts and much more play on water quality.

passive fish = reef/invert friendly, less play on water quality if inverts are with it.

depends on your cup of tea? Do you like action movies, or Dramas?

i always feed my trigger trigger formula food just for triggers and my clown i feed pellets and flake food 1 time a day when i get home from work. a nice meal not no shabe meal either only what they can eat in 4 min. . also i have a problem which might be the reason why all this could be happening, i use to live in a apt. for about 1 year! had my tank in a spot where it never got sun light. i never had alage. never not even a little bit. no i moved about 2 months ago and i have my tank siting in front of my window. i have a very dark curtin and blind over it you still cant see light i have florescent blubs good one i cant think of what they are but i paid a pretty penny for them. and since i moved i still have no alage. why does that happen?
ph 8.2-8.4
ammo. .25-.50ppm
nitrite .00ppm
nitrate 10ppm

Back
Top Bottom