Need help with yellow tang!! Plz!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a yellow tang yesterday and idk if he has ick or not, he has some white dots on him but it looks like its his skin and not ick that just gets on idk, does anybody know if their yellow tang has white spots??

Is there sand flying all over your tank?? When i moved my powerhead my sand kicke up and it got on my foxface. I was freaking out ecause i thought it was ich, but then i saw a grain fall off.... Look very close!

No it's not I think it's ick he rubs on rocks a little bit and it's on his Fins too, and the every where there is a white speck it's a bump on his skin

Hondachico said:
I just got a yellow tang yesterday and idk if he has ick or not, he has some white dots on him but it looks like its his skin and not ick that just gets on idk, does anybody know if their yellow tang has white spots??

My yellow tang has a white spot on him near his tail but it's just skin. Show a pic

Yea mine has that same spot at the end of the tail but he has more all around and it hard to get the pic he doesn't stop moving

Does anybody have any advice on how to cure it quick?

If it is ick there is no such thing as a fast cure. All fish will need hyposalinity treatment or a copper treatment in a qt tank . Leave the main tank is fish-less for 8 weeks . Quarantining all sw fish will assure this doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the help guys but I don't have the money to have another tank like a quarantine tank sorry,

I was able to take a pic of the tang and you can see his skin bumpy

Attachments

• image-3868632564.jpg
    image-3868632564.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 190
If I get a 10 gal tank and put a power head and treat him there would that help? And not spread the ick to my other fish?

My tang had cauliflower disease when I got him.. Lots of food soaked in garlic helped him. Might be the same thing but hard to tell from ur pic.. Google it and see what u think.. Good luck!!

Ok and soaked in what garlic, garlic guard? Garlic extract? What garlic?

How big is your tank?
What livestock do you have in the tank now?
Do you have any Live Rock?
Do you have any inverts?

A small QT tank for an 8 week hypo period not that much. Probably less than the cost of replacing all the fish.

I have a 55g with about 50-60 of rock, I know I have a 55 that's small for a tang but he is small and I am in the process of saving up to buy a 200 gal inverts I have a cleaner shrimp and of course my cuc and for livestock I have 4 chromis a Pygmy angel, super tiny blue tang, and a watchmen goby. How long do you qt fish before you put in the dt?

Get a 10 or twenty gallon set it up bare bottom no sand put some pvc pipe in it for.hiding places cycle the tank yur good to go in yur case u will have fish in there when its cycling so u will have to watch the parms very close ..garlic will not cure only help boost his immune system ..use a copper med or hypo or paraguard has had success.. alwaly have a qt tank ready for new fish befor u impulse buy this will save u many lost fish ...

Hey everyone thanks for the help, I really think he is going to be ok last night I turned up the heat and double dosed on 100% natural ich attack and I see a lot less white dots on him he is swimming fine and everything in the tank is fine except my frogspawn which shriveled up a little bit but I knew that would happen so it's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom