Need some advice on my 125 gallon setup…..Canopy/Metal Halides….

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My canopy is kind of on the short side 11” tall on the inside and will only have a total of 9” once it is placed on top of the tank.
I was thinking of putting some 175watt Metal Halides in there would that be too close to the water? The tank is 125 gallon deminsions are 72” x 18 ½” x 23”.

BUMP... BUMP....
Here are picutres inside my canopy it does not give me the height needed so any suggestions on how to add height will be greatly appreciated....
This picture was taken after I had stripped off the old stain:
img_2176859_0_1e01206ae8454bba795c00cf2376507b.jpg

this is after the staining:
img_2176859_1_8238df336ad540dbc8681b08e0d5fdf7.jpg

For that deep of a tank you might be OK. But for greater height flexibility you could open up the top more and hang the fixtures above/through it. After staining you probably would hate to cut it tho... ;-)

Yeah I really don't want to cut the top out... So I might end up doing a T5 retro fit instead.

I have basically the same lid and tank. After extensive research over the years, I decided to go T5. In that canopy, the halides sure would get hot (even if you added a couple of fans into the canopy itself).

Get an 80 watt 8-bulb fixture, and you can pretty much grow anything.

Okay thanks.... I am trying to find 8-lamp retro fit kits but have not found any I am sure there are some out there somewheres.....

Back
Top Bottom