Need Suggestions - Coral Beauty Angelfish & a Royal Gram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankRus

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We just added (yesterday) a Royal Gramma Basslet (Peaceful) into our tank and it likes to hide all day. It seems that our Coral Beauty Angelfish(semi-aggressive) might not like him too much and swims at the Royal Gramma a lot. We kept the lights off for a while, but what can we do at this point to make the tank a happy environment for all? Any suggestions?

Just give them a few days and they will be fine IME. My gramma hid for pretty close to a week, and was picked at by a damsel I had. Now they are best buds, and the gramma spends 90% of the day out in front. :wink:

first off...Welcome to AquariumAdvice.com!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
Like the Rev said, just give it time. they will need to establish a "pecking" order. As long as you have lots of LR for hte gramma to hide in you should be okay. Mine spends most of the day out as well.

What size tank do you have? I have both of those fish in my 75 gal tank with no problems. Perhaps your coral beauty is just trying to greet its new tank mate. Give it some times. I'm sure they will get along just fine.

My CB and RG tend to tussle a little. Nothing threatening and it sure is better than it was when they first met.
The CB just gives the RG a tail wacking and the RG gives one of those big O''s with her mouth. Its actually quite funny.
Give them time, it should settle.

Thanks for the quick responses

Thanks for the advice, I love this site. Great information. Good people. I will look for more stories regarding the CB and the RG.
Thanks again! :wink:

New Royal Gramma died

Hello All, Just a quick update and another question.

First, the new Royal Gramma was found dead only after 3 days in the tank. I dont know if the Coral Beauty picked on him or if he just did not adjust well. I have two small crabs that probably took a chunk of him after he died, but I dont know what else could have caused it.

New question - My wife noticed a long tubular thing stretching out from one of our live rock when the lights were off, then when she shined a flashlight at it, it coiled back down and disappeared. Does anyone know what this might be so I can look it up and do some research? Is this good or bad?

Thanks!
TankRus

Sorry for your loss, sometimes these things just happen. :(

My wife noticed a long tubular thing stretching out from one of our live rock when the lights were off, then when she shined a flashlight at it, it coiled back down and disappeared.
Prolly a bristle worm. No worries most are harmless IMO.
Can you try and get us a pic? I know, easier said then done. :wink:

Update - We just added another Royal Gramma but we also added a 6 Line Wrasse to the tank at the same time. This appears to be working, no problems so far with the other guys in the tank. I am glad we tried again.

Can fish tails grow back?

I noticed a piece of my Royal Gramma's fin missing, I was wondering if it grows back over time? Any thoughts? Thanks!

My Maroon clownfish had a tear in one of her fins one day and it was literally healed the next day. Not sure what happened to her, but it is perfectly fine now.

I did the same thing, added a 6line and a RG at the same time and they are buddys now. The only bossy fish in my tank is the female clown.

Back
Top Bottom