need to grow algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrotesqueHybrid

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi, i have a tang and clownfish tank and i need to grow some algae because my tangs constantly eat it and they need to eat, lol. i had some green algae, only a little bit and they quickly ate it. problem is no more is growing. the tangs are still eating well (lettuce, nori algae sheets, frozen preparation) but they like the algae more and i think it looks cool. so help, do i have to buy a plant or something.......yea so, thanx.

Problem is if you buy the algae your tank will quickly eat it. So unless you plan on constantly buying more algae every few days/weeks then your gonna have to give up on being able to keep algae in the same tank. Now you could start a sump and grow algae in it to feed the main tank.

I just feed my tangs nori sheets. Its simply dired seaweed and its much more cost effective for me.

I use the Green algae sheets sold at the LFS. My Tang wont touch my Grape Caulpera or the other algae plant in my refugium. He does just fine on this and so do the snails.

fishfreek said:
I just feed my tangs nori sheets. Its simply dired seaweed and its much more cost effective for me.

I was thinking about getting some nori sheets...

Question is, when I go to buy them, can I just purchase any nori product? Are there some products that put additives in the nori? Or do I have to buy special "fish friendly" nori sheets?

fishfreek said:

I was thinking about getting some nori sheets...

Question is, when I go to buy them, can I just purchase any nori product? Are there some products that put additives in the nori? Or do I have to buy special "fish friendly" nori sheets?

Back
Top Bottom