Nems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tumblewed

Aquarium Advice Activist
well can someone help with the nohow of nem lighting. i was going to get a 10,000k floresent bulb.

no y ive had them before unde a tube and ive had them for 2 yrs im just askin for opinons.....it was kept in an 75 without a skimmer and it was a purple tiped

well i also think if some of the nems are in shallow seas and my tank is only 15gal so wouldent a 10,000k bulb would't it be fine?

from what iv read this is not nearly enough light for a NEM, also yes nems are in shallow water and this would just mean that they require even more lighting then ones found in deeper water. 10,000k is just the color temp of the bulb and has little to do with its light output. I would not keep a Nem in a tank without a light. If you look on Liveaquaria they state it needs high light and with one t8 bulb you have low light at most.

imo no but I could be wrong. I dont really see that bulb supporting any life. but then again i dont trust any stock hood light. ifs its not a t5ho, MH, or LED nty

yes, they may have that light over coral tanks, but not to sustain them, just to showcase them.
the above statements are true. you will need a bit more light to keep an anemone long term.

I'm not saying it's right but in the early 90s my cousin had a 125 with no special lights. That housed many nems I believe they were condys. He also had multiple pairs of clownfish in that tank I was just a kid at the time but remember looking at it a lot. This tank thrived for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom