Neon Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wrkalot

Aquarium Advice Activist
We have what we think is a Neon Goby and have had him for a couple of days. They seem to be hard to come by so when I saw him... I bought him. It looks like one but, from what we've read, doesn't act like one. He swims around all day (all over the tank). I thought they "perched" on a rock and were shy? This guy is not shy.

Does this sound normal when introduced into a new tank? OR do I have an imposter?

WEll a neon goby is a cleaner fish. They eat parasites of of other fish. They do sometimes perch. But since you just addd him he might be trying to find a place to set up a cleaning station. It is black and blue right?

Yep, black with blue stripes (one on either side) and a slightly pale belly. I'm aware of the benifits of a neon goby. We have been looking for one for about a month but the lfs never have them. Saw him and scooped him up.

Perfectly normal, mine swims a good amount of the day and perches after feeding time in the evening.
Cute aren't they!

Very cool fishy! I hope he cleans... the yellow tang is already starting to offer himself up for a cleaning session... or so it seems.

Thanks for the replys :)

If i put my arm in the tank he is all over it. He loves to clean. In my gallery I have a pick of one of my cleaner shrimp and him on my daughters arm.

Back
Top Bottom