Nero 5 settings/placements

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! So I just got 2 new Nero 5s. I’m looking for advice on how to place them and what settings you guys thing I should use. I’ll show you what I’m working with and what settings I have them set to currently. I’m looking to start a relatively soft coral tank. Easy stuff for beginners. I’m excited but also nervous because I know that corals can be very tough. That’s why I opted with some of the better powerheads out there. Any advice on corals that I should get for placement/settings for the powerheads would be greatly appreciated.

75 Gallon Tank with 20g sump and 70lbs of rock

2 Hydra 26 lights

1 Yellow Tang
1 black ice ocellaris clownfish
1 Golden head sleeper
1 royal gramma
1 Melanurus wrasse
1 Starry Blenny
1 purple Firefish

Protein Skimmer: Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer

IMG_1796.jpgIMG_1798.jpgIMG_1799.jpgIMG_1802.jpgIMG_1803.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

The neros are set to mimic each other so they are an exact copy for the settings for both.

Honestly soft corals are really easy. Lps are too it’s really only sps imo that are difficult. As long as your lighting is good softies will thrive. On placement I’ve never used the neros but have mp10s. I’d have the neros one on each side of the tank and if you can run them as a master and slave pump through the app. With softies you don’t need tons of flow so I’d start them at 40-50% and see how that looks. The main thing is you don’t want dead spots where there is 0 flow in the tank so look for that once you get them and have them running.

Edit: didn’t see your app settings! Whoops, that looks good just keep an eye out for dead spots where detritus will build up.

Honestly soft corals are really easy. Lps are too it’s really only sps imo that are difficult. As long as your lighting is good softies will thrive. On placement I’ve never used the neros but have mp10s. I’d have the neros one on each side of the tank and if you can run them as a master and slave pump through the app. With softies you don’t need tons of flow so I’d start them at 40-50% and see how that looks. The main thing is you don’t want dead spots where there is 0 flow in the tank so look for that once you get them and have them running.

Edit: didn’t see your app settings! Whoops, that looks good just keep an eye out for dead spots where detritus will build up.

I have the neros relatively low now. Hard to tell with the flow because I don’t have any corals yet. I know people had mentioned that the Neroes were blowing their substrate around but IMO I feel like they aren’t really moving the water too crazy so I wasn’t sure. Each one of my neros are putting out 1668 gph via the my ai app.

Back
Top Bottom