nervous to buy another fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok, so since my jawfish died so unexpectedly, i'm really nervous to get another fish. my water parameters are great, but i do have quite a few crabs that i'm worried about. cause what if my jawfish was killed by them, and not just eaten post-mordem? i would really like to get something that has personality, and not a swimmer so much, as i already have a clown fish, and so i'd like to have my second (and final) fish be more of a rock hopper or something interesting like that. but i'm nervous about the crabs. so basicly my question is..... what fish can i get that will be entertaining and also not become lunch to my crabs, oh and one that will be content in a 10 gallon tank. TIA.

A jawfish is too big for a 10 gal. Maybe that is why it died. In a 10 gal you might be able to get away with a small goby of some kind-maybe a firefish. There are alot of small fish out there that would be suitable. Check liveaquaria.com

it was a yellowheaded jawfish which liveaquaria.com lists as a nano tank fish. i did my research prior to buying.

I thought that is what you wanted a fish that pirched on the rocks? Thats what they do... I have a yellow shrimp goby he is a cool fish... Check around and see if you can get a shrimp/fish combo.
I think bi-color blenny are cool fish also.... Make sure he eats before you get one. I have one that will only eat algae......

I dont think my tank is big enough for a bicolor blenny. he would be my first choice, but my tank is only a 10 gal. i do have two hitch hiker pistols so maybe ill get a shrimp goby for them to befriend.

i really dont want another swimmer though. my clown swims all day, so i'd rather have a more rock or bottom hopping fish. but thanks for the opinion :wink:

Back
Top Bottom