New 100gal Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am getting a new 100gal(60x18x24) tank and I am not sure about my lighting. right now im kinda on a budget so vho seems to be my best option. I was curious if you thought 440watt balast w/ 4 110watt 48" vho lights would be enough for the tank, and what kind of bulbs are best to use. I plan on it being a reef tank and will buy metal halide too when money is a lil more avaliable

With that amount of VHO lighting on a 100gal, you should be able to keep a wide variety of corals. Most Zoas, mushrooms, softies and LPS will be an option for you. If, in the future, you decide you want to keep SPS corals, clams or high light anemones MH should be a consideration. In the interim, you have plenty of options to keep you happy.

awesome. thats what i was trying to do. any suggestion on types of bulbs? not brand but color/intensity.

I use URI super actinic R and 50/50 bulbs. Been using same color and intensity for 9 yrs now.

Back
Top Bottom