New 26 Bowfront!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstanle4

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just transferred my 14 gallon biocube to a 26 gallon bowfront aquarium. The LFS let me borrow some lights until I get new ones, but I need to know how much I need. I have a clownfish, a sixline wrasse, a cleaner shrimp, a flame scallop, hermit crabs and snails in there. I have cabbage coral, bubble coral, pipe organ, kenya trees, ricordeas, green mushrooms, and candy canes.... How many t5 lights do I need?

Awesome, would love to see the setup! You can use 4 T5 HO lights. 2 actinic, 2 white (or blue plus I think it's called).

What's a good brand for a fixture? I found one on aquatraders.com for pretty cheap, but I'm really not sure of the quality...

Attachments

• DSCN4115.jpg
    DSCN4115.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 129
I use a Sunlight Supply Tek T5 HO fixture (from BRS) and so does my lfs for their frag tank and my and their corals & clams are doing great.

Are there any other brands you could recommend? I'm in college, so I'm kind of on a $150 budget... ha

Aquaticlife...Nova Extreme..check out the options on MarineDepot.com for T5 HO lights.

I just bought a truelumens brand from my LFS. They come in all sizes. I bought mine for $189 plus $25 for the transformer. It is great!!!!!! 12,000K and lasts 50,000 hours. It's an LED setup. I had an deep blue nova extreme, but this one is much brighter. I am sure your setup does not require 48in. So I am sure the light is much cheaper. I have a 60 inch tank, but all I needed was 48in. you won't be disappointed. It's the same ones my LFS uses for his corals.

Yeah no problem! How's your flame scallop? How old is, or was your tank and how long have you had him. I'm thinking about getting one in the future.

The forum won't let me post the website, but here is another effort : go to worldwideweb period current - USA period com

I had my biocube set up for about a year and a half... I got the scallop about a month ago and it is awesome! It likes to hang out in the back of the tank but it'll swim around every once in a while. I feed it plankton twice a week and its doing great.

I'll check those out too! They seem pretty reasonable. Thanks!

I was browsing the web for you, and found the 24 inch 12,000k marine fusion white and blue for $101, the transformer is about $25. So for about $125 you can get an amazing light!!!!! And I found out last night that current-usa makes a dimmer for it too! I believe you can't beat the price or the quality!!!!

I have the odyssea 4 bulb t5 from aqua traders and everything is doing great in my tank. I did swap the bulbs out for giesmann bulbs and that seemed to wake everything up. All in I paid 100 for the bulbs and 70 for the fixture.

Some people scoff at these lights because they individual reflectors and some of the other features high end lights have, but for the money they work, and work well.

I was browsing the web for you, and found the 24 inch 12,000k marine fusion white and blue for $101, the transformer is about $25. So for about $125 you can get an amazing light!!!!! And I found out last night that current-usa makes a dimmer for it too! I believe you can't beat the price or the quality!!!!

Can you send me the link?

And how often do have to change LEDs?

I was looking at the Odyssea 4x24 fixture too. And everyone that I've talked to said to trash the lights. lol

They are good for 50,000 hours, that is about 2083 days, or 5.7 years, that is if they were running for 24 hours a day! Lol 50,000 hours is a lot of time!!!!! since I am new to the forum it won't let me post websites. I will just write it out and you can translate the site: WorldWideWeb . current - usa . Com They are the truelumens brand from Current-USA. I ordered my dimmer for mine today.

Back
Top Bottom