New 37g reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well my plans got pushed back to tommorow becuz i got a progress report in spanish sayin i missed a cuple hw's so he sed he was to mad today but he has the memory of a goldfish,the attention spann of a gnat and loves aquariums 2 so ill talk him into takin me tommorow! But now im anxious lol

Depends on the snail...Out of all of the snails i've had I only ever found one behind the tank and it might have fallen off a piece of equipment when I took it out to clean. So I wouldn't count on it.

Thanks for that reasurrance i will try and get pictures and return almost daily with updates of how my cycle is going and i think i asked this in an old thread, but my tank is in my bedroom so am i gunna be stinked out of my room while its cycling/curring my liverock?,or is it not that bad?rite now thats a major concern because my room is sort of my man cave!...gulp!

Zero on your homework?!? Come on! LOL.
I just do it 5 seconds before its due :D GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TANK!

Yep i try to do that to but you cant guess in spanish because its a different language haha but anyway thanks but does anybody have an input to the above smell question?

I was planning on 6-7 lbs.of LR and like 32-33 lbs. Of base rock with a 2 inch sand bed and to cycle only 1 shrimp and ill just cycle for a month regardless of the #'s just to be sure but with all that in a 37g how bad is this smell gunna be? Cuz ive never cycled a tank and as ive seaid above i hang out in my room in like 95% of my downtime and i wanna know if im gunna get evicted by stench or somthing...

Ok thanks i usually do 15% evry other week so ill be fine and about the ammonia,is it like that pure ammonia stuff used for cleaning? I never really read into it i was planning to do a shrimp

Ok thanks but i think ill just go with a shrimp just to be safe cuz i know nothing about using ammonia to cycle

How long can you leave liverock out of water before it becomes dead rock?

How long can you leave liverock in the air before it becomes deadrock

While im aquascaping do i have to consider my filter tube,and heater? Like if i have a heater then rockwork around it but with gaps and its near the filter and my pump which will blow towards the middle do you think it will stop any sort of bacteria or life to form there or stop my tank from heating properly,and also can sombody answer my question from above?

I wouldnt keep live rock out of water for more than an hour or two. You'll have killer die off from even that amount of time.

i tried to keep my filter intake and heater away from my rocks when I was running my 55g. It will allow more waterflow and circulation.

Subscribed:) Seeing as how we're apparently setting up the same size! My goal is filled and cycled by April though lol No rush for me.

Thanks guys just one last problem i have a procrastinating dad who day after day keeps putting off the 5 minute drive to my lfs but i think im gunna go tomorow hopefully and with the liverock i was worried about leaving it in the open for like 20 mins so i think ill be fine! Check up tommorow around 6 ish and i will have posted my tanks pics

O k i got instant ocean salt,a test for alkaline,ph,nitrates,nitrites,and ammonia also i got 11lbs of LR 8 for the display and 3 for the qt live sand and am of course over budget but thank jesus for christmas!

Back
Top Bottom