New 40 Gallon Setup and Transfer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noticed some water around the bottom of my stand. I cant figure out where its coming from. Ive looked at all the connections and i don't see any leaking. I did notice today that when the return side of the sump is low i dont see any water around the stand. I will do some mire investigating to see if there are any small hairline fractures in the glass.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Found out where the water was coming from. My 29 gallon. When the filter sock gets full it was running over and because its so close to the back of my tank it was running onto the floor. Luckily i have plastice runners under my tanks so it was a easy fix. Just had to change the filter sock and clean up the water.

Picked up a new wrasse for my tank today. From the picture it looks like i have a female.

Attachments

• 1459360532019.jpg
    1459360532019.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 119
Picked up a new wrasse for my tank today. From the picture it looks like i have a female.

I love my melenurus! You now have pest control taken care of! I've heard some can be mean, but it's not really likely. I do believe you will really enjoy that fish. ;)

How many tanks do you have?!?! Beautiful fish! I love the colors and markings on the wrasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a 125 and 20 gallon Freshwater, a 40B, 29, and 10 gallon saltwater. Those tanks are in my house. I have a 8 gallon nano saltwater and a 3 gallon betta tank in my office at work.
The 125 is going to be converted to saltwater. I will move everything out of the 40 and 29 gallon into the 125 once its ready. I am going to convert the 40 gallon back into a freshwater and use the 29 gallon as a frag tank. I will move everything out of the 20 gallon into the 40 and the 20 gallon will become my rfa tank.

I love my melenurus! You now have pest control taken care of! I've heard some can be mean, but it's not really likely. I do believe you will really enjoy that fish. ;)

Thanks Paul. I actually decided to put her in the 29 gallon (which may not have been the best choice) my cinnamon clown spooked her and she emmediately dove into the sandbed and she has not come out yet. :eek: I do hope she comes out soon.

I have a 125 and 20 gallon Freshwater, a 40B, 29, and 10 gallon saltwater. Those tanks are in my house. I have a 8 gallon nano saltwater and a 3 gallon betta tank in my office at work.
The 125 is going to be converted to saltwater. I will move everything out of the 40 and 29 gallon into the 125 once its ready. I am going to convert the 40 gallon back into a freshwater and use the 29 gallon as a frag tank. I will move everything out of the 20 gallon into the 40 and the 20 gallon will become my rfa tank.

I'm still confused! LOL!!

I know its confusing. Sorry about that. I have 8 tanks ranging from 3 gallon up to 125 gallons. Some freshwater and some saltwater. Hope that helps.

My water pump went out a couple of days ago. I had a small pump on hand to put in place until I could order a better one. I received it yesterday and I'm getting ready to install it.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1471535702.164271.jpg

I was hoping there would be someone that was using it. I'm glad you like it. I was a little skeptical about getting it due to some of the reviews I was seeing on it. I like it so far and I like the fact that It's adjustable to. Im curious to see how long it will last.

Sadly that pump has a flaw. It was designed by a Canadian company in Ontario and I talked to them directly. Part of the speed control is located in the pump body and is prone (very) to burn out. That's what happened to mine. They redesigned the pump with all of the controller in the remote part, which is bigger. The redesigned model has a 30 minute feed timer, the flawed one a 10 minute.
China, with their attention to detail, refused to stop production and sell them under a slew of other names.
Mine ran perfectly for about 6 months I think it was before it failed. But that was as an external pump in a warmer salt water tank. If yours is submerged in a fresh water tank you may have enough heat dissipation to avoid burning out the controller part.

I have been lazy doing my water changes. Partly because I am moving most of this rock into my 125 and thought I would have had it up and running by now. So it's been quit a while since I did a water change. I think because of this and probably over feeding the tank I have a ton of bubble algae in this tank.

I have started removing rock and trying to get the algae off. The rock that I have removed I'm not putting back in. Is there a easier way to remove the algae?

I also have a lot of nuisance polyps. They are trying to squeeze out my L A Lakers. The rock they are on is huge so next weekend I want to remove that rock and scrape off the nuisance polyps. I have to start doing these water changes regularly.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.JPG
    IMG_0552.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 59
A toothbrush is the solution to both of what you are talking about. Just scrub at the issue while doing a water change so you can siphon out as much as possible. It helped me go after algae and overbearing green palys that I regret putting in the tank.

Thanks hank. I was trying to scrape it off with a old knife. The toothbrush sounds like a good idea. I will give it a try this weekend. I

Yes that is true. I pulled some of these green palms out of my tank today they in a couple of spots in the substrate. Can you just throw the in the trash?

Back
Top Bottom