New 55 gal fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefer 22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok well I just finished setting up my new 100 gal and if is completely Open and ready for stock and wanted some opinions I will be putting 3-4 dispar anthias in there and they are 2-3 in and 4 green chromis that are 1-3 in. Ok now I want one big reef safe fish I was looking at ether a spotbreast angel or a lieutenant tang but what are your opinions? Also want some kind of really cool bottom fish like a goby of jaw fish of some kind thanks.

I messed up I should of said 55 gal not 100 gal up top on the first quote.

Well if this is a 55 gal then i dont thing 4 anthias will fit....and the tang definitly wont work. You could try a type of rabbit fish or dwarf angel....

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Well if this is a 55 gal then i dont thing 4 anthias will fit....and the tang definitly wont work. You could try a type of rabbit fish or dwarf angel....

Yah I was most likely only going to take 3 anthias from 180 any way but I knew that the tang was over kill but I found one site that said it was ok for a 75 so I think that just got me to exited and wanted me to try to pull if off. But I also have a 100 gal that I have do you think that it would be a good fit for him because I kind of really want one. And yes I know you are asking your self " Getting the anthias from his 180?" yah I have a ton of anthias in my 180 and want to move them out to stock it more with different fish so that is why I got the 55 so I could pull some fish from all of my tanks and put them in there so I can stock the bigger ones differently. The chromis come from the 100 gal so, now you know the whole story.

Ok so now just picture a 55 with 3 dispar anthias and 4 green chromis so now 1 big fish -tang, angel, or a fox face possibly. Now one small bottom fish do not want a mandarin because do not want to put that much work in to it but goby, dart fish, or blennies. Any suggestions?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+1510&pcatid=1510

Not sure where you saw it said that it would work for the tang in a 75 gal but that is 100% wrong.... And definitly not a 55. The rest should be ok....you should get a yellow head jawfish

Yah the site I saw was deffinetly not right but yah a yellow headed jaw fish would be cool actually now that i think about it my lfs sells blue spot jaw fish for 75 I don't now about you but to me that sounds like a deal would It be ok in a 1 in sand bed?

Clown goby? They are pretty neat looking and dart fish are cool very hardy as well

Sniperhank said:
Look at liveaquaria's nano fish section and at the dwarf angels.

Good call on liveaquaria's nano fish, will do. not sure if I want a dwarf angel in my tank never was a big fan of coral Beauties or any of thoughs kind of fish.

Hocky puck said:
Clown goby? They are pretty neat looking and dart fish are cool very hardy as well

Great idea I think I will try to find a good sized yellow clown goby. Any idea on what they go for anything over 35 is to much for me it is not that worth it to me if it is that much.

Hocky puck said:
The lfs by me I saw the green war paint clown goby going for 12ish

O cool I will have to go look for them around me.

Well now that that is settled any one got any ideas for a big fish for my tank. Any ideas I was looking at some kind of tang like maybe a yellow tank or a sail fin tang.

Those tangs get wayy too big for a 55 gallon. I wouldnt even consider a tang if i were you

Back
Top Bottom