new 55 gallon reef build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also in this thread I asked about an overflow box I went a head and put it on my 55 it is a eehops 1800 gph it is really helping my tank look really good also this is my first vortech power head any recommended settings to run it on thanks any advice would b great

You got some nice stuff! I've been looking at clams lately and yours looks pretty nice.....If I may be so bold, how much was the clam?

Well thank you I got my clam for 45 it is a crisaya (I know I spelt that wrong) I really like the look of the clam as well

My lfs wants 85 for a maxima but I think I might just get one and have 2 clams LOL I think they r so pretty

If I was gonna bust the bank on a big $$ purchase I;d just opny up another $40 and get a ourple tang. My lfs had one for $120!! I was so tempted but just couldnt do it.... lol

Yeah I love tangs they r my favorite and I would spend a lot of money on them that is y I am now only building a 55 to take that temptation away lol

Can anyone tell me if filter socks r good to use I don't have no filter media in my sump so I was woundering if the filter socks work well or not

I use a 7" filter sock for my double intake and love them. Only downside is you have to change them out every few days. Ihave about 4 of them soI can change them out and clean them when necessary. I use my garden hose with a "power head" type of handle so it really blows all the gunk out of the sock. You'll be amazed at how much gunk comes out. I was using the washing machine with no soap or anything on sterilize mode but it took 2 hours for each load. LOL Much easier with the hose. :)

Can't use a 7 inch filter sock my inlets r to far apart I need 2 of them that will fit 1 1/2 inch PVC any ideas

The website has been going offline a few times this week it seems for maintenance.

Corals look good, especially the clam. Boy, do I want one of those !!
lol

OK good it wasn't just me good well I did a pwc. And the corals seem to be very happy going to buy a chiller tomorrow need to get the tank temp in check lol

Yeah its OK not to bad but all my lfs here open at 11 am and I am sleeping idk y they don't open sooner but I will have to deal with it lol

Same with the ones here: 11:00a - No clue why - probably the same reason we still have daylight savings time. No one complains.

Back
Top Bottom