new 90 gal tank help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
hi how are you this is my first post thank you thank you very much lol

any way how are you i picked up a 90gal AGA tank and stand im using a oceanic SUMP 2 what do you think

Hiya hotskate and welcome to Aquariumadvice :)

I think maybe you are starting a saltwater tank and posted in the wrong forum *grin* Lemme go move this to Saltwater and Reef Getting Started.

Hmmmmm do you get freshwater stignrays then? but as long as your pump/filter can handle what your tank holds then that is all that matters. 8O

I think i answered a post somewhere else on a stingray subject, but i am getting on a bit and the brain can't remember as much now.

Back to F/W stingrays, IMO your tank isn't big enought for stingrays. I would not put stingrays in a tank under 200-300 gal. Even though they sit on the bottom of the tank they need room to move about, and if they is not enough room and they are not happen they normally die.

i wound up doing a salt water tank i just got the live sand and a lil live rock salt test kit hydrometer and so on all i need is some more live rock and a protein skimmer but i started the cycleing

now i ghave a question on my pump on the return i have a on of valve thingy i dont have it all the way open bc i shoots the water out to fast and to much so i shut it a lil so it works all good is this bad for the pump?

I would imagine it's not that big of a deal. Good luck with your tank and remember to take it SLOOOOOOW because I made the mistake of not doing so and lost my fish when i started.

Back
Top Bottom