New addition!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MacDracor said:
Fortunately, the purple reef lobster doesn't get as big as the Spiney Lobster does! Those spineys can get pretty big, but most of the varieties labelled as purple reef lobster stay under 8 inches. Still pretty big though, so watch out!

The Debelius' Reef Lobster has a max size of 5 inches from what information I've been able to dig up. I'm not too worried about him reaping havoc in my tank, especially at the size he's at now. But I'll keep an eye on him, he's already claimed his own cave, which I can still see him in there which is pretty cool seeing as some people say they never get to see theirs.

Is the purple reef lobster a Debilious lobster? I've had mine for over 6 years, bought at about 3/4", here's a pic of his last moult. If these are the same, mines getting close to Max size!! I've never seen him attack anything, but I rarely see him at all, caves at the back, I see him at night sometimes. Good scavenger though, thought he'd be a great addition too!
Good luck with yours!

View attachment 89866

Purple reef lobster

I was thinking of doing a 6g fluval edge for one of these guys, maybe with a damsel in it or something. Do you guys think it would be sufficient size for one of these?

I think if you got a small one, you'd be fine for a couple years. Usually the ones you find are less than an inch anyways. Sounds like it would be a cool little set-up.

Flreefer said:
Is the purple reef lobster a Debilious lobster? I've had mine for over 6 years, bought at about 3/4", here's a pic of his last moult. If these are the same, mines getting close to Max size!! I've never seen him attack anything, but I rarely see him at all, caves at the back, I see him at night sometimes. Good scavenger though, thought he'd be a great addition too!
Good luck with yours!

Purple reef lobster

That's a good question, I'm not sure. They have similarities but also have differences. I'd like to know the answer to that as well. And thanks, he's already one of my favorite tank mates

Back
Top Bottom