New advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafatoy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello to all, here's my dismay,

I want a copper band butterfish to get rid of my big aiptasia problem, he has been in the LFS for a week with just the rock n aiptasia, my concern are my feather dusters and my red rosé anemone ? Do they only eat aiptasia or are my red rosé in danger?

Don't get it. Very difficult to care for usually and to get to eat. He may kill ur dusters. And they require 75+ gallon tanks.

Feeder dusters I can move to a spare 5 gall tank my concern Are my Rosé tip anemones are they going to be eaten too?

What size tank do you have? I would be more concerned about the actual copperband.... 1. They're not guaranteed to eat the aiptasia. 2. They are very prone to stress and disease. 3. They are difficult to get to eat...... What will you feed it after it has nothing more to eat?

All of the above mentioned is correct. Never buy an animal to "solve a problem" Buy one because you truly want it, and for difficult ones you need to have a good plan.

Oh and I thought about sharing him with others once I am or should I say he is done...so maybe feeding won't be a problem.

I second the above....or maybe 3rd or 4th it....I dunno. CB Butterflies are hard to keep alive, and the aptasia thing is hit or miss. You are better off trying an aptasia eating file. Even so, hit or miss.

You could buy like 3-5 peppermint shrimp and maybe 2-3 will eat it

True I agree. Did not think about that, but I have been getting attached to him every day after work i go pay him a visit to see if he has eaten. And it may sound crazy I talk to the little one....since I ask the LFS to move him to a tank that has aiptasias I have seen some disappear... It's been a week already. Still a concern bout my rosé tip anemone, I will take yours points into consideration before I make my decision.

Back
Top Bottom