New angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwhada

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just recently added a new angel to my tank. It is a regal angel. It was at the store I worked at, it had been there for a few weeks eating great so I finally took him home. Anyways when I got him home it looked like he may have some of hte beginning signs of lateral line disease. What would be the best way to fix that?

Also I I have a Powder brown tang that chases him every once and a while. The tang actually chases most of the fish but do you think he will stop or will this just continue?

Also I noticed that he has a pretty unique swimming style, sometimes sideways and such is that normal.

Thanks
Christina

all my angels swim once in a while side ways, I would make sure that his diet is full of algae like nori, Veggie flakes from Julian springs soaked in selcon and angel formula form Ocean Nutrition they are hard fish to survive in capivity, but if you can do it, then you are the man. Also please check you water parameters since that also is a known cause for HLLE.

Keep you water parameters perfect, give him a good angelfood prep and like fishboy said, soak his food with selcon.
The greens will help, but he need sponges in his diet too.
As for the Tang, don't worry. Once the Angel is healthy, he will put the Tang in its place. 8O What is your tank size?
Good luck, wonderful (but challenging) fish.

Back
Top Bottom