New Angels!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JuanArti

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got two angels a Bi-Colored Angel and a Flame Angel. They look great. The BC Angel is hiding in the rocks and is a little bigger than the Flame. The Flame is in the corner of the tank picking at some algae and looking at himself. What should I do to entice them to eat? I already have an algae sheet set up.

Dude... Return one. Unless your tank is 100+ gallons they will fight until one is killed. You may think "this kid is wack ill just let it play out" but they will fight for sure.

**** you really think so? My friend has 3 in his 75 and there's no problem at all.

55 gallons with plenty of live rock w/ caverns and since I haven't had a fish in here that's an algae eater for about 3 weeks my rocks are ready for grazing lol

Attachments

• image-3314055133.jpg
    image-3314055133.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 91
Angels can be territorial but adding them at the same time is a good idea. Bicolor and flame could be just fine or one could turn agressive. You have lots of room in your tank and good rock areas which is a good thing. Its a risk but it looks like you've already committed. Watch their behaviour, if you see one starting to get nippy or fighthing for food it could be a good idea to separate.

I haven't fed them yet I'm going to give them some time to acclimate. Is it normal for my bi color just to stay in the rocks while acclimating?

He's slowly venturing out of his cave. The flame is just don't like circles in the same spot. It's weird. What should I feed them? Live food?

I have frozen brine shrimp and sinking pellets but I want to make sure they eat.

Dude I've wanted to get 2 angels. Bicolor and flame but was scared they would fight.

I tried two dwarfs a few years ago in a 120 and they did not fight, but they were very territorial and were constantly chasing each other away when one would cross into the others turf. I figured at the very least it was stressing, so I took one back.

Not to hijack the post, but does anyone know if it is Angels in general that tend to have issues with one another or is it more size? For example, if I put an Eibli Dwarf Angel with a Flameback Pygmy Angel, would they be okay? I had an Annularis with a Flame at one point and they ignored each other. Not sure if it was just a lucky pairing.

I got my Eibli Dwarf a few weeks ago and he likes the frozen brine.

Bi color are she shyest fish ever, he could hide for a while. Give them some fozen food it may entice him out

I fed them they barely ate but are now grazing on my rocks. They swim together kind of. 0 signs of aggression thus far. My Bi Color is coming out of his cave and swimming around its great.

Back
Top Bottom