new aquascaping, what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sweet, you thinking of adding more LR? Looks like your critters will have some nice spots to relax.

im planning on adding 20 more lbs of lr, i just need the $$. hopefully in about a month or so, ill be able to do it.

im planning on adding 20 more lbs of lr, i just need the $$. hopefully in about a month or so, ill be able to do it.
I did the same thing, I just lurked around my LFS till I found pieces I liked, then couldn't stop buying the stuff! LOL!

Looks great! (y) I love the valley in the middle. That is how mine started out as well...then it just got filled with more LR :lol:

I love it. I have several small stacks of LR and have spaces underneith too. But now I have to get bigger pieces..because my fish won't be able to hide after they grow!

thanks all!! you have no idea how long it took me and it didnt even change all that much...

i would LOVE to hide the heater, its such an eyesore, i just dont know where to put it. i thought i read that it shouldnt be touching the rocks, is this true?

when i get more rock, im going to keep building it up on the sides, cuz i like the valley, too. hehe.

Think about base rock too. Cheaper that way. Often you can find intersting pieces or piece together great structures when it's dry and outside of the tank. Stay away from those fist sized chunk pieces down the stretch. They don't provide the best "building blocks" IMO. Look for the odd shaped, pourous stuff. Weight doesn't matter as much as the surface area and the nooks and crannies in the rock.

You doing fish only or reef?

i thought i read that it shouldnt be touching the rocks, is this true?
I would make sure that no LR will topple on it and possibly break it.

ive got 30 lbs of hirocks.com base rock in there. great deal. i would do it again, but i find myself trying to hide it because its so plain looking. i would like to just pick out the peices of lr that i think would fit where i want em now. i dont like those fist size peices either, hard to work with.

tank has been up for about a year and it was a tranfer. i just started to buy some corals a few months back. ive got yellow colony polyps, mushrooms, ricordia, and button polyps. they are small due to my budget. you can barley see em that pic, i shall post them when i get home from work. they are doin really well.

well i couldnt find a heater guard that fit my heater, of course, lol, but i did move it to the corner. it turns out, how i moved my rock, there was plenty of space back there, and no touching!! yay! that takes care of that eyesore. when i get more rock, ill be able to hide the ph's too. double yay!!

Back
Top Bottom