New Aquascaping . . . with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
This weekend I decided to do some rearranging of my rockwork in order to make room for some new corals. Now, I know what you're thinking . . .

"tripper, we haven't seen full tank shots of your tank yet, so how are we going to see the differences now that you've moved stuff around???"

That's a good point, and I have no answer. But, I do have a couple tank shots with the new rockwork and the new corals. Let me know what you think. :jump:

tripper

Attachments

• tank1_527.jpg
    tank1_527.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 121
  • tank2_179.jpg
    tank2_179.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 169
Yes, it is just a plain black background. Makes the corals and fish stand out a little better i think.

do you have black sand? i really like that.
The only bad thing is that the tank is not in my living room :lol: :lol:

Great job, verry nice.

Keep on keeping on

Thanks for all the great replies!

In response to the black sand . . . I really was excited about the look but was warned it would be harder to keep looking clean. I have been lucky so far. I have had a small cyano problem, so that shows up a little, but I have enough sand sifters that the sand almost always looks pretty good.

tripper

The black sand really does look cool. Nice tank. I was forced into re-scaping 1/2 of my tank this weekend. I always go into it so aprehensive (how could it look any better than it does right now!?) but it always turns out ok in the end. Nerve wrecking for sure though! You did a great job with the caves and such. The side I re-scaped I ended up with a lot more open space than I had when I started so I was really happy with the result

Back
Top Bottom