New biocube 29 g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richardwm

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good day to all

After recently losing my 55 gal planted tank i have decided to venture in to a saltwater reef tank setup has only been running for about a week. Any advice and tips would be great. I know the advice here will be just as plentiful as on the fresh planted side.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412480458507.jpg
    1412480458507.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 123
Nice looking scape! As to tips and advice, most of us could spend hours spouting different things... was there anything a bit more specific you were wondering about? :)

Ae for right now im just waiting on the tank to cycle . Its been up for a wk now andnsitting on .25 amonia 9 trites and trates for the last five days. I have 44lb of LR and 20lb of LS. What is thw usual amount of time before you start to see a spike in trites and trates. I gusse my only other question is what would be a good cleaner crew for this size tank.

My trites and trates are 0 not 9 lol

With 0 on both trites and trates means 0 bacteria. Did you put a raw shrimp to start with? May need another week before you see some sign of spike and you can turn off your light for now and do not use any filter. You should have seed the tank with at least a few pounds of cured LR.

I sure did after like 4 days i havent been able to find where it went

Another question just hit the biocube uses 2 36w PCF one actinc and one 10k is this going to be enought to grow corals when the time comes or should i start planning for a retrofit.

That's exactly the same light I had on my 29 gal bio cube. They are pretty strong and just watch out for the white cause you will expect algae bloom if you turn it on for too long. It can support sps but quite expensive in the long run since you have to replace the bulbs within a year. I now use LED fixture.

After much deliberation i have decided to start moding my bio cube first i turned 2nd filter chamber into a fuge with cheto, i also gutted the hood and purchased and in stalled a rapid led retrofit kit with a custom led ratio and storm controller. Ive got to say it was the best investment yet the collors really pop now and i love the controll i have now. Next step is modeing the hood to recive 4 60 mm case fans 2 for light temp co troll and 2 for surface evap collinf. Cant wait for it to finaly cycle still haveing issues with it

So i have been a little busy lately but here is a update. I purchased and installed a rapid led retrofit kit with storm controller. And installed it in the hood. I also integrated the torm controller right into the hood as well by modifying the wi dows the switches sit in. I also added another 17 lb of tonga lr and 10 lbs of ls. Tank is fully cycled now i am goi g to wait another month befor i add fish and 2 moths before corals. I am still haveing tempature probles so i think im going to replac testock pump and add some exhaust fans to help with evap.

Attachments

• 1413727740957.jpg
    1413727740957.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 1413727757961.jpg
    1413727757961.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 1413727771188.jpg
    1413727771188.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 82
Back