New Blue Tort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acid_burn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a nice new blue tort frag yesterday. I looked at them on Sunday, Tuesday, and bought it yesterday. They all looked great it the store, polyps were extended fully on all three days. After acclimating it for about an hour I put it on a rock about 8 or so inches from the top of my tank. Is it normal for the polyps not to fully come out for a couple days after acclimating to a new tank?

My tank is a 120gal w/ 2x400W MH's 20,000K bulbs, I know my Ca should be a little higher(375 right now) it was at 400ppm for the last two days though. I'm going to look for some kalk powder today and mix with RO so I can top off my sump tonight. If can find some at the grocery store what is the ratio powder:water? I'll be mixing about 5gal and should I just top the sump off to my normal level I have marked on it?

Thanks,
Rich

My camera didnt really get the deep color it has. Also here is my orange cap. I got too.

I found some Kent kalk powder and mixed up 4gal. Can I just use it tonight when I usually top off my sump for the night? Then when I leave for work at 6:45am I usually top off again.

Thanks,
Rich

Don't add 4G of kalk all at once, you'll nuke your system. Drip it slow like 1 - 3 drops per second if you add kalk. If your new to adding it, make sure you test your CA and dKH beforehand for a baseline, and keep a close eye on your PH. You don't want to jack your PH more than .2 in a jolt, and you don't want to jack your dKH more than 1 Mg/L in 24 hours.

Don't add 4G of kalk all at once, you'll nuke your system.

Oh no I just mixed up 4gal. to last a few days. :D Got that part down. I did a search and found a few people saying they top off with kalk, I think reefrunner did. I tested Ca. earlier it was 350ppm, Alk 3.0mg/l, Ph 8.1, and Mg 1110ppm.

Rich

Back
Top Bottom