New build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I have read that it was a great skimmer.
Yes I want as much open room for fish and coral as I can get.... Lol

Ok so I went and got the biocube skimmer on my way to work I will put it in after I get off work....

Attachments

• image-3414317772.jpg
    image-3414317772.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 154
Tank looks good so far, just one observation. Did you rinse your sand? Looks like dry sand, and is going to cloud everything up when you add the water in. Just sayin...good luck!

It has been rinsed but it did dry out everything is dry now the sand and the rocks I want to guarantee there will be no pests in the tank

Here it is after I got it all cleaned up and the ballasts and power strips mounted

image-848171912.jpg

image-2157757769.jpg

image-3270045215.jpg

Looks a lot better now going to get water in today and start the cycle can't wait

Here is a question when I start my cycle should I run my skimmer or no just let it go run its course????
So here is my stock list I was thinking about
Black and white clown
Bicolor Blenny
2 sexy shrimp
6 line wrasse
2 green reef chromis
About 10 blue leg hermits
1 Mexican turbo snail
6 nassarius snails
1 sea urchin

Corals
Zooas
Frogspawn
Torch coral
Candy Cain coral
Duncan coral
Some shrooms
And a brain or 2
And a monti cap

What do you think to much for a 29 gallon biocube????

Oh I might have to get a small clam as well I loved mine I had so much I just think I might have to get another

The chromis is the only caveat to your fish stock. They are a bad choice, do better with 3 or more, and will mess with you're tank parameters quite a bit. The two clowns, blenny, and 6 line is already maxing your tank out.

You are going to run into an issue (eventually) with your LPS. The torch for example is going to get big pretty quick. Expect a lot of aggression with your corals. I personally would pic one or another. Brain corals, depending on what you get are extremely aggressive as well. This is my folded brain on my 29. In 6 months, it has outgrown my tank, running out of sandbed.

I would re-evaluate your stocking list... Of course I'm sure there will be some disagreements, however, appropriately stocked tanks are the ones that maintain the best reef system.

Attachments

• image-2311165428.jpg
    image-2311165428.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 201
You have made some very good points I think I need to re think what fish will do best...... Coral I was thinking I have a bunch of room in the sand and if I put the torch in one corner and the frogspawn in the other next to the rocks it would keep them far apart but you don't think that's a good idea

Have my skimmer in place

image-3573935758.jpg

All so changed up my rock work I think I like this a lot better

image-2451328928.jpg

image-3997009793.jpg

Gives it a nice look of it tapering into the sand and it gave it a taller look as well.... What do you guys think

I want an open swimming area for fish and more room for sand dwelling corals I am still thinking of putting 2 more pieces of rock one on each side but I haven't decided if I want to go that route yet

Ok so I didn't get water yesterday so I am going today to start the cycle and I am hoping to get everything rolling

Got it filled up

image-2957221614.jpg

Did go a little cloudy but that's ok still need to pick up some filter floss to help filet it

Back
Top Bottom