New build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also made a floss tray for the filter floss to sit on above my chemipure and live rock rubble I will get a pic of that up as soon as I get the holes drilled

You can temporarily move a lot of live rock over and cut your cycle extremely short, people have claimed to cycle in 24 hours this way. All the BB would already be set.

Also skimmer making good foam after just 24 hrs so I think this skimmer will work good

Attachments

• image-1169608754.jpg
    image-1169608754.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 167
The skimmer works you just have to empty the cup alot. I had to empty mine twice a day when it wasnt dialed in just right.

how long did it take to get it all dialed in????
is it smart to run my chemi pure elite while my tank is still cycling????
Also i have noticed my tank is at around 83 deg. and I am not running lights right now what is a good way to keep the temp down

Your tank should not be running that hot. You need to bump the AC in your home or cut out a powerhead. Other members are going to tell you to run a fan over the top of your tank water, but that 'in this case' is not the issue. Expect a temp rise with the lights on...

Only pump running is the return pump.... The tank is running in my dinning room and that room stays hotter then all the other rooms so I think I will have to move it to the living room but my A/C stays at 75 in my house so idk I need to do something

I have not seen that kit but I have seen other rapid led kits in action and they seem pretty nice, I thought about getting one of their pre-drilled heatsinks for my own DIY led, but cheaped out and didn't. I mean for that situation where full DIY would be really difficult to match nicely with the existing setup I'd say rapid led is the way to go. I always reccomend DIY led, but the way bio cubes are, I'd probably want a kit opposed to a custom job that detracts from the tanks built in features.

rob_mango said:
looking at LED upgrade kit for my cube and i found this
Solderless Biocube 29 Dimmable Retrofit Kit - Rapid LED
has anyone used this kit....

I have used a rapid kit, the best thing I have ever done was purchase the conversion items to make the kit dimmable. considering I pretty much melted a mushroom with it on full blast. This was my old LED hood updated with a rapid cree kit.

Attachments

• image-949502398.jpg
    image-949502398.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 154
I highly suggest it, consider a dimmable 3w per led system. however, the kit you posted says in the disruption that you need to purchase other items and may require some soldering to make it dimmable.

Back
Top Bottom