New Clowns Acclimation ?s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenturtle

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got a mated pair of Ocellaris Clownfish for my 90 gallon tank :) Pics to come! Should I have my lights off for acclimation or is that for only corals?

I would keep the lights off for their initial introduction to the tank. Makes them less stressed. :)

Thats what I did for the chromis :) I had an $8 coupon so the pair was like $30 it was a steal :) I wasn't actually planning to get them tonight, but they were on my list so I decided to get a couple. I was actually planning for Banggai Cardinals, but they were out of stock.

My chromis are already asleep LOL. They go hide in the rocks and sleep whenever I turn off the lights for more than 30 seconds. They will meet the clowns in the morning :)

You could just use a shotglass or turkey baster to put small amounta of tank water in the bag

Them acclimating :)

Attachments

• image-3304907548.jpg
    image-3304907548.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 89
  • image-860653224.jpg
    image-860653224.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image-2848751198.jpg
    image-2848751198.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 80
Ikr! There was another pair where each was about 1 - 1.25 inches, but i thought they were too delicate. Plus they didnt really look mated, as they were nipping each others fins.

Consider yourself lucky, I have an adult maroon and yellow clown... Cant get any other clown

I was tempted to get a misbar marroon goldstripe clown when i got the chromis, but they r aggresive (from what i have heard) and get big (6 inches!!!). Plus, it didn't have a mate.

I dont dislike them, I just like the full striped better. But hey, any clown is a good clown. LOL

Back
Top Bottom