new corals, mushrooms detatched

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Syn6644

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got home with some corals that I had to go pickup from Fedex because they didn't deliver it.. :evil:

Besides that, some of the mushrooms that were attatched to the piece of rock have fallen off... so what do I do? I don't have any superglue at my house or anything. I have some rubberbands, but the mushrooms that fell off are pretty small. TIA

Do you have any netting or lace? You could use that to hold them down for a few days til they reattach.

I don't have any lace that I know of. I have a fishnet that I've never really used. Could I use that somehow? Cut it up?

Yeah, that would work if you don't mind cutting it up. Place some rubble rock into a plasic lid or shallow container, place the loose mushrooms into it and cover with the netting. Something like what's on here. This is for propogating but the process is the same. Or, if you are trying to attatch them to the rock directly, though it will be more difficult you could place the netting over them and loosely rubberband them. The netting is just there to keep them from blowing away so it doesn't have to be tight against them. HTH

http://www.garf.org/trever/MUSH.html

GREAT! That's perfect. I don't mind cutting it up at all. Thank you so much for your help fluff!

I usually take a fish line and lightly tie the mushroom on the rock. It should stick soon.

Back
Top Bottom