New corals were packed with a ice pack?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I received my new corals today. One was wrong and the other was a Xenia that looks dead. They sent them with a ice pack and the water was cold when they got here. Both of them look dead. Have you ever seen them packed with a ice pack?

Rachel

It was almost 90 here in NJ today. With weather that hot they were probably afraid that they'd melt. I haven't received any warm weather shipments yet but keeping them cool doesn't surprise me. Did you acclimate them anyway? I would have done that anyway to see what came of the animals when they expanded. If the xenia was shriveled up tight then it was in good shape. Melted would be a good indicator that it wasn't well. Did you call the shipper?

Yes I did acclimate them as if they were alive. The Xenia was not tight I really think they are dead. I called yesterday but no answer I will try again today.

Rachel

Like Phyl said, it was 90+ here in Arkansas. Not too far from Texas :) My LFS' shipment came in on tuesday. Shpped from Florida with ice packs. Its getting to be that time of year.

Ok I just wanted to make sure it was normal. The really really look dead. No color at all.

I did call them today and they asked me to take pictures which I did. They haven't called me back so we'll see. I sure hope they replace it like the advertise. I bought from overnightfish.com.

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom