New Dispar Anthias Issues - New additions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
New Dispar Anthias - and Compatibility issues

Ive had a bit of issues adding new fish to my 75g - maybe bc of compatibility. About a month ago I've had only a yellow tang, clownfish and one tiny peaceful yellow tail damsel (had him for 8 years+).

Added in 1 kole tang and a small wrasse. Been trying to add some wrasse or colorful fish to add in but seems like they are too small or just not getting along.

Lost the small wrasse - he lived for 2 weeks, and lost the yellow tang which was a surprise to me. Maybe didnt get along with the Kole which is larger. So now I just have the Kole, clownfish, and damsel.

Just on Friday added 4 Dispar Antias 1 male/3 female. Immediately on entry my clownfish started picking on them but doesn't anymore. I have only been able to see 2 of them actively outside of my rocks. One hides in the corner (exposed) and motionless. A second is very active goes in and out of the rocks and eats well and usually hangs next to the fish in the corner. I see a third pop out during feeding sometimes but mostly not visible at all hiding in the corner in the rocks. a fourth is also not visible. 3 of them were schooling immediately when I got and 1 rid in the rocks with his head peaking out them but since then all I have is one sitting in the corner of the tank motionless most of the day and rest the rocks completely hidden all day. Been feeding half a cube of frozen brine every 12 hours as I hear they need to eat frequently. Just found 1 dead one - so only 3 left.

Any advice about thee guys or most importantly recommendations on what to add in the future? I'd like to add some smaller fish and schooling fish but has not works so well. Think I may stick to medium sized angels or large wrasses. I've had good success with angels like my juv emp angel I had in this tank for a few years until it got sick. (Even small flame angels have struggled in my tank from time to time).

Can you tell us more about the system like the current parameters?
The tang part is easy. Big tangs need lots of room. A 4 ft tank wouldn't have enough territory for two tangs to survive together without continued aggression.

parameters look good. Ph around 8, nitrate 0 nitrite 0 ammonia 0 but hard to tell on ammonia. Pic attached. Salinity 1.024 I dose with prime. My last PWC was 10 days ago and I plan to do one in two days just don't want to spook the new fish.

They 3 remaining alive Anthias are trying to be less timid. I have one that swims everywhere among the other tank mates (probably the male) while the two others are still shy. Hope the other 2 would be more brave and venture out from behind the live rock in the corner.

About the tangs, I've had a yellow and hippo tang together in this tank for 5 years, so Im just learning they are more challenging than I thought.

IMG_1481.JPG

Back
Top Bottom