New Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I gpt a new blue tang todayand i was wondering if there is any special habits that they have, and how long does it take to grow

Hey Philly, congrats on the new fish. the most important thing to do is QT this fish for four to six weeks before adding it to the main tank. Hippo tangs are ICK magnets. Make sure it is healthy before adding it to the main. They do not have scales like most fish, more of a skin really, this makes them suseptible to numerous parasites and infections. good luk and let us know how it does...Lando

i dont know that it makes them more susepptible or does it just make it easier to see the parasites and such...no places to hide in the scales

I got two little Hippos two and a half weeks ago.
Don't know whether it was my paranoia, but as soon as I seemed to notice a few little white spots on them, my cleaner wrasse was there and took care of them. They love Nori, live brine shrimp and anything inbetween. They have grown nicely since I got them and look very happy.

Back
Top Bottom