New fish/bad pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
So...my sixline has been nibbling on my xenia for a while (although not to the point of killing it) and I suspect it has started nibbling on my SPS....he had to go. So when I was at the LFS today, I got a replacement. We'll see how this one does. It is an African Flameback Angel (C. acanthops), I have had a brazillian flameback (C. aurantonotus) with no problems in the past. The difference between the two is the brazillian has a blue/purple tail and the African has an orange/translucent tail.

Here he is still in the bag.
fb1.jpg

Another in the bag...
fb2.jpg

About an hour after I released him...
fb3.jpg

another...
fb4.jpg

I'm in the process now of trapping the red lipped blenny (although it may not become necessary), as soon as the fish was released...the red lipped blenny started chasing it and harrassing it. If I trap the blenny it's gonna spend a few days in the fuge....

Poor blenny...when's he up for parole?

Ugh!!
smackingforehead.gif
After touting "The Trap" to Michealprater, it failed...first time in 5 years :cry: I think it had to do with already trapping the six line today and the lack of space in my tank. Because of the size of my tank and the size of the trap...there wasn't any place to put it where the mouth of the trap was near any of the blennies perches. I think it will be OK, the blenny still chases the angel, but his heart isn't in it....

Thanks for the compliments on the pics :D Here are a few that I think are better...

fb5.jpg

fb6.jpg

fb7.jpg

I cant wait till I can afford to get my flameback out of layaway. Good looking fish.

P.S. I am still going to try the trap.

Thanks, I was wondering how much your having to pay for yours? I got that little guy for $27.00 shhhh...don't tell my wife :wink: , but he is very small...about 2" minus the tail.

Back
Top Bottom