New fish help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ecancienne1983

Aquarium Advice Activist
Got a flame angle a few days ago aclimated it for 2 hrs and is in my quarenteen tank now but he wont come out of his hiding place he went to when i put him in the tank is there any way i can relieve his stress so he will come out and swim around

Give him some time. You only had it for a couple hours. When i added my green wrasse to my tank, i was convinced he was dead after 1 week of not seeing it once. I put it in and never saw him again until he just poped out after a week and has been an active swimmer since. Im sure he's fine. They went through a lot worst when being shipped to your lfs tell yourself this.

Ok thanks im hopeing the best adding new fish to me is more stressful on me than the fish i think lol the flame angle is my favorite fish and wanted one for as long as ive been doing this so hope for the best!!

Yeah they look nice. Wanted one too but ive heard they are not completely reef safe and i dont want to risk it as my lfs sells them 70$...

Yea mine was 60 and ive read they are the safest angle fish for reefs if that helps u any lol guess it means theres a better chance they wont pick at them lol

I have flame angel in my 60 gal reef tank with corals but so far I have no problem with it. However, I came into a conclusion that some fish will accidentally taste the corals while eating algae next to it and start liking it. It happened to my yellow tang who has been a good girl for a year until I started to notice my flower pot coral was closing and thinning. Then I saw her nipping on it. I have to move the coral to another tank and it started recovering.

Back
Top Bottom