New fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 120g reef with a hoevens wrasse, maroon clown, and scooter dragonette. I need aggressive eaters that are hardy. I had a yellow tang but it contracted ich and died in the hospital tank. I want colorful active fish in my tank that won't nip my corals!

Thank you!

I have a 120g reef with a hoevens wrasse, maroon clown, and scooter dragonette. I need aggressive eaters that are hardy. I had a yellow tang but it contracted ich and died in the hospital tank. I want colorful active fish in my tank that won't nip my corals!

Thank you!

Have you looked into some anthias? Maybe a firefish or a small schooling fish like chromis? Not aggressive eaters, but they're colorful and very active, as they usually swim in open water.

Maybe check out a scopas or mimic tangs.

Try a tomini tang!!! They're the smallest tangs! They are in the bristle tooth tang family and only get 5 to 6 inches!!! I'm going to get one in like two weeks!!!

I think Foxfaces are okay in reefs as long as you get them some nori to feed on. Dwarf angels tend to be okay, but can be hit and miss in reefs.

I honestly wouldn't add any aggressive feeders. The dragonet is a shy fish that wouldn't stand a chance with a bunch of active fish

I honestly wouldn't add any aggressive feeders. The dragonet is a shy fish that wouldn't stand a chance with a bunch of active fish

+1 they're very slow moving and docile. There's no way he would get to eat.

Back
Top Bottom