new leather wont open

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys i got a new leather coral toadstool the other day i would say thursday so about four days ago he opend a little the next day mt other toadstool is healthy again after its disease and its open right now at night the new one gets a silver color in areas then morning hits and lights come back on it turns back into its brown sel just not opening i have been moving it alot like at least once a day, is it just not used to the tank yet do leathers normally take this long to open up after aclimating to new tank.

Yeah, to much time on your hands, leave it in a spot and let it get used to that and it will open if you water params or Okay. and it should be if the other is open...

not latly mike my tests turned to a gel :( and i cant drive to the petstore to buy new or have it tested as i am on pain meds for my broke wrist. but all other corals are fine hammer galaxy frogspawn three other leathers zoas i saw a tenticale look like it was about to come out earlier but whent back in

DD, If you keep moving it around it will never get acclimated to your tank. Hand, now that's funny. Does it hurt when you laugh?

Na i iz on vicoden i iz typing wiz it now lol :) hey thincat i am pricing metal halides for my 125 now if you see a good one let me know trying to get a price idea in my head.

I hear you are making your own hood. So you should look into retrofit MH'S. Lots cheaper

yea i do plan on building a canopy for it eventualy but i dont know the first thing about haliades lfs has some used black boxes they say are for mettal halides they suggested i get all three at 75 a piece for my 125 i dont even know wat they do lol let alone if its a good price foor these things. right now next week i will be putting ,my 55 gal lights in the center of the tank and placing my coral underneath it from midddle depth to high depth the tank is only one inch deaper so if i keep the corals underneath the light they should be fine. my mom said i had to cut back to one tank thats why i doing it......

With a 125g you would need three MH lamps, center and the two ends. Or you could do a 250 in the center and T-5's to supplement the rest of the tank. Put your high light corals in the center and less light needing ones out from there, All sorts of setup you could use, Retros today come so easy "Even a Caveman could do it". You got the time do the research and read up on them......

ididnt have vicoden in me when i read that thincat and laughing hurt like you know wat lol! yea i stayed up last night readin about them and pricing a litttle i have to save up for them for now so till then i will use my power compacts in the center of tank mike says he has never seen it done before but should work the 55 will still be running till i know i am in the clear....well i have a doctors apointment to get too ttyl

It's good that your leather is opening up now. And it's also quite lucky that no one made any jokes about typing with one hand

oh tc i cant afford metal halides right now i priced em even the retro fits but someone is giving me these as a gift for my tank i think i can use them ob it for my current corals soft corals and lps (frogspawn and hammer) they do well under the same system just less watts and less bulbs on my 55 gal the 125 is only a inch deeper.... just keep at least mid level with the lps here is the one i am gettin free Coralife Lunar Aqualight Plus Compact Fluorescent Fixture 6X96 Watt 72 inch, 53410, Aquarium Light brand new its a christmas gift......... the one on my 55 is a 48" with two attinics 65 wat amd twp 10k 65 wattso this thing is double and like i said its only a inch deaper i can keep everything mid level or high i will even say no to bottom with softy corals its well over 4 wats a gallon just like the 55 lights

Back
Top Bottom