New light arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Fish list:
Pinktail Trigger
Yellow Tang
Barred Rabbitfish
3x Damsels

PBT in QT

Corals:
Frogspawn
Torch
Ricordia
Moon Coral (Pineapple)
Purple Leather thing
Pinkish leather thing
Hairy mushroom
Other kinda brown mushrooms
Polyps
Starburst Polyps
LTA

2eqbczr.jpg

470fxib.jpg

Nice light! :)

The LPS corals I'd keep in the middle. They can be stressed in higher light.

The ricordea you could place a little higher up. They can absorb more light.

The mushrooms and polyps as well I'd try and keep down low.

Now you can get some SPS to keep up top there and you should be good to go. :)

awesome! congrats! can you get a more, in close/ clear pic? I would love to see it in more detail!

Devilishturtles said:
Nice light! :)

The LPS corals I'd keep in the middle. They can be stressed in higher light.

The ricordea you could place a little higher up. They can absorb more light.

The mushrooms and polyps as well I'd try and keep down low.

Now you can get some SPS to keep up top there and you should be good to go. :)

I think this a very good asessment on where they need to be.

Thanks for the advice.

I made my last trip to the fish store today. I purchased some seachem garlic stuff, 20 turbo snails, and a maroon clown replacement.

I'm still not familiar with which corals are LPS/SPS etc, I just know the requirements of each one.

As of right now, I kept the hairy mushrooms, ricrodia, starburst polyps, multicolored polyps near the top. Toadstool near the middle, finger leather middle, one finger leather on sand, moon coral on sand, frogspawn/torch in bottom 1/3 (not sand), green mushrooms leaning against glass on sand.

My tank will be upgraded in April. Probably to 30 tall. I could also consider a 5' long tank, but I'd need to purchase a top and just rest the light on top of it somehow (elevated). I'm probably just going to get a 48x24widex30tall with corner overflow. Also will have 30-40g sump.

I believe this will be my final stocklist as well:
Pinktail Trigger
Yellow Tang
PBT (if lives)
Rabbitfish
Maroon Clown
Possibly a goby

As you can see, the room is quite a mess right now so it's difficult to take closer pictures. I've also been pretty busy so I haven't had much time. I will definitely get in closer to take some nice pictures within the next few days. Everything is so much brighter :)

I tried moving my toadstool leather to a lower down spot in the substrate. It shriveled up when I moved it but hopefully it will adjust and do fine. Here are some more pics. The anemone is doing better than ever before! Fuller color and more tentacle extension.

48hsbac.jpg

3ynmibk.jpg

2zp2p79.jpg

Here's a higher quality pic of my moon coral. Hopefully the uploader lets it show in high quality. Also frogspawn.

I'm having troubles getting the front glass clean, especially down near the bottom since I have rubble there. I think the plan is to get a razorblade of some kind and one of those rough sponges, and just go at it with my hand to get the glass clean.

If anyone has picture requests/closeup requests etc just ask!

333escg.jpg

2laswp0.jpg

473q4it.jpg

I had to move my toadstool the other day and he got mad at me but the next day he was as good as new. Great looking pics

As with anything, moving it to change it's proximity to the light will stress it. If you don't want to stress it you can move it down a few inches at a time and that will fix the problem. But I agree with melosu. Just give it some time and it'll perk back up.

Nice pics!

Back
Top Bottom