new lta not takin afoot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fish geek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i purchased a lta at the lfs 2 days ago and it seems its not attaching to the substrate (crushed coral). when i acclimated him i might have messed up
he was close to the light about a foot away when in the bag and now sord of looks like hes got a sun burn on some parts :cry: . i have 265watt pc and all of my water tests come out good salinity 1.023. also my clown acts like its not even there. this is my first anenome and my tank is only 3 months old please reply with any good recommendations.

thx nick

I really don't have any recommendations, except to put it in the rocks, BTAs prefer a rocky substrate to attatch their foot too, they are not found in csandy or crushed coral substrates. Typically they will attatch their foot to the underside of a rock (or in a deep crevasse) and then stretch out to the light.

i was told by the lfs that long tentacle anenomes only attached themselves to fine substrate like sand he is current opened up but doesn't look like he is attaching to the substrate i even dug him a hole to see if that would help please reply with recommendations

thx nick

Actually LTA's prefer both but not CC as a rule. They will most times bury their foot near the bottom of rock structures where the sand and rock meet. Best suggestion is place the anemone on a rock area where there are many crevaces and med-low water flow. The LTA will not attach unless it can secure it's foot out of sight.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom