new MH canopy finally done and up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've finally finished my MH canopy that has been in the making since Oct. of 2003. One question, the setup is 1x175 10K XM bulb with 2x55 watt PC actinics. Right now the tank is much whiter than blue. I would have thought that with 110 watts of actinic I would see more blue. I know the MH needs to burn in, what shift in color temp can I expect to see as the bulb burns in, more yellow or more blue. Thanks for any help!

One more question...How do you explain to the nosy neighbors what all that light is coming out of the front room? All I've got is 175watt MH and it looks like someone is arc welding up here. Its so bright I can't even see my pc screen. I swear the light is shining THROUGH the walls and doors. My neighbors are gonna start to wonder....

LOL, do what the pot growers do...it's a hydroponics experiment
Well if you ever give up on the tank if it fails it is a good way to get your money back that you lost from the tank.. Most who have Mh lights have the perfect setup already LOL.. j/k BTW.. I have joked with my wife about the same thing.. LOL "hey honey if my tank dies and I loose the thousands i have invested then we are gonna have to get the money back somehow LOL" I just leave my door open and the neighbors can see exactly what the lights are from as my tank is not too far away from my sliding glass door..

James

Back
Top Bottom