New office aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malupoo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys,
I'm in the midst of designing a aquarium for my showroom at work and was going to do display tank with sump etc.
But someone gave me the idea of custom making a biocube style tank with filter behind the display.
My idea was 36x24x20 tank would doing it biocube style have any benefit?
Would I be able to easily find a skimmer to fit that would do the volume?
Looking online I like the idea but I've never done a tank that way and was unsure on pros and cons.

Thank you for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmmm, well I guess it depends on a bunch of factors really. How easily would the back be accessable? I like the sump because it's not up against a wall, will your tank be? If your tank isn't against a wall wouldn't you want the back wall clear for viewing all around?

What type of filtration do you want to run. You've just ruled out a refugium most likely. Reactors for GFO and big skimmers would fit better in a sump too.

If you're looking for ease, companies like Red Sea have really nice plug and play systems about the size you're thinking but it limits what you can do with lighting and things like that.

I wouldn't do a biocube in an office. A sump setup would look better and be easier to maintain, especially if you're custom meeting the display tank

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom