New order from liveaquaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
I just put in my first order from liveaquaria. I am freaking excited. I stumbled upon the two corals I wanted more than anything else. I made myself sleep on it, but woke up and ordered away. From the diver's den I snagged a Blue Synphodium and a Blue trumpet coral with 34 heads!!! I also grabbed a aquacultered purple australian big polyp blasto and another aquacultured blue trumpet coral frag. Really excited to add these to my tank and then in a month, move it all over into my new 55 gallon!

Sounds like really nice stuff, I'd be stoked too! It's Synphodium huh? Cool, thought it was Sympodium, but that was verbal from my lfs. Live aquaria has great stuff, but always seems really pricey. Enjoy your new pieces.

You will have to tell me how the experience with live aquaria goes I really want to know because I want to order from them but am not sure yet to spend all the money on shipping

Without getting it, I will tell you that they are quality. They wouldn't be in the position they are in and as well known as they are without being on their a game. If you are on the western side of pa maybe after they grow we can trade frags :)

Sniperhank said:
Without getting it, I will tell you that they are quality. They wouldn't be in the position they are in and as well known as they are without being on their a game. If you are on the western side of pa maybe after they grow we can trade frags :)

Near Pittsburgh by chance? I wouldn't mind finding some people to trade with ;)

Sounds like really nice stuff, I'd be stoked too! It's Synphodium huh? Cool, thought it was Sympodium, but that was verbal from my lfs. Live aquaria has great stuff, but always seems really pricey. Enjoy your new pieces.

Compared to what I have around for LFS, their prices are great! Easily 50% less than local (unless you count PetCo, whose animals I don't trust). I would not buy frags from them, though. (Colony pricing seems competetive though.) I've found some good stores I can travel to on business that I get great deals from.

Also, they guarantee animals for 14 days. No LFS around me does that. In fact, I'm pretty sure they only guarantee it gets out their front door alive. Last time I made a claim, all it took was a phone call.

If shipping seems high, think of what it costs to send a small package next day air from the UPS Store. It's reasonable. You can also order with a friend or save up and order for several tanks (or some of the higher end stuff) to get free shipping at $225 of livestock.

The down side is that unless you're ordering from their WYSIWYG section, you are buying blind.

I had a flight get delayed on my order, so my powder blue and my clam arrived dead. Called em and they replaced both with no problems.

I have full faith in liveaquaria. My faith is lacking in my own talent and equipment to keep this stuff alive until my 55 is cycled and I figure out what lights to get for it. P.S. check out my thread in the equipment subforum and help me make the decision sooner rather than later :p

When I was sent my Kole Tang and Algae Blenny, the Algae Blenny arrived DOA. They gave me my money back with no problems :)

Also saltwaterfish.com does a good job of refunding your money, but you can't use their store credit with any other deals :(

I had my lemonpeel angel die 3 days after delivery and they refunded my money within 24 hrs. Their packaging and shipping are really good. I prefer to order from them if I have a choice. Had no luck with reefs2go or with aquacon as far as refunding for doa/dying livestock. 34$ may be steep for shipping but you really do get what you pay for in this case.

I guess I'm kinda partial, cause even though they are an hour and a half away, everytime I've gone up to the retail store, everyone has always been helpful and friendly. I've returned items (in person lol) and no questions asked, I explained a little of what I was going on and replacement or refund no problem. Just don't buy livestock from the retail store, is almost 1.5x's the price than diver's den. Speaking of which I'm touring their facility this Saturday. So I'll be able to see how everything is taken care of (maybe I'll see someone's name on something lol) that gets shipped out to customers.

A Reef club in the area is having a frag swap and the owner-founder will be speaking, plus he and steve will be at a Reef ?'s table I think they called it. Can't go, but am planning on asking questions this Saturday. If you got any, post them and I'll take a list with me to ask.

Oh and I trust them too, even when I brought my livestock home in my truck, they took great cares in the packing and all.

I've had great luck with saltwaterfish.com too. I wish I had more options in my area for LFS. Who would have guessed that western pa wouldn't have many saltwater fish stores lol.

Ignore the flash, but my lights were out. I just had to share my new additions.

Blue trumpet
img_1818251_0_ec3c6a11bacce6b8cf4b8a4c1d34e371.jpg

img_1818251_1_7389fb2660d09ee4fb90d0efd74ca60a.jpg

Blue trumpet frag, big polyp blasto, and my blue symphodium.
img_1818251_2_11a2cb7cbfebcfd5ded3ec3c249f10ad.jpg

LA is the best IMO/IME...You should also check out the divers den section...Tons of stuff ...
Like said already,,just order 225+ and get the free shipping ,can't beat it

Back
Top Bottom