New protein skimmer for heavy bioload reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I currently have a reef octopus skimmer that I have had tons of problems with and I want a new one. I need some suggestions for skimmers... Size shouldn't be an issue. My skimmer compartment in my new sump can be up to 25x13 so it should be fine. Any suggestions on great skimmers? Reasonably priced as well... I can to pretty high for price but not super expensive. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I swear by my eshopps skimmers and the asm I have. The asm is a beast on my 180g, it pulls tar like crap out all the time. lol

How long have you had the ASM? I've been reading a lot about it and some people say the pump starts to fail after a few months..... I'm leaning towards getting it though

I got my asm used and have been running it since like last november. It was running for 3 years before I got it so it seems to be very sturdy and of good quality. I guess it depends on the pump that it is using.

Which pump are you running on it? The one that it comes with? I just picked up a g2 and will be switching out my sump in a few days so I'll add it then. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom