New RBTA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmirtsching

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 90 gal Reef with 20 gal sump. Marineland 300 protein skimmer, lighting is 8 54watt T5's. Tank has been up and running for over a year and half. I keep Softies, SPS, LPS and all is happy and healthy.
Ph 8.1
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5 this is where my tank stays and everyone has always been happy.
Phosphate 0
I do a 20 gal water change every other week.
So my problem is that I just purchased this RBTA exactly 1 week ago. I acclimated him for an hour, and placed him on a rock near the top of the tank. He wondered around this rock for about an hour then wedged himself in a crack. I can see a small amount of the foot and that is all. Its foot is pink and does not appear to be bleached. Only once in the last week have I seen it even remotely expand, and this was while the lights were out. He has moved further into this crack over the last week.
I have read if they are not happy they will move, and it may take awhile for him to adjust, but he is not doing anything. Like I say, the foot from what I can see appears healthy, but that is all I can see now. I am trying not to worry to much and be patient, and let it do its thing but I would like to enjoy its beauty sometime soon. Any input would be appreciated.

yes just let him do his thing, he will come out at some point for more light. Might want to make sure you drizzle a little food around him, like brine, ect. Once he comes out into the full light they dont need fed, cant hurt but they dont need it, wish mine would stop growing in my 125 g, he is pro ball 18 inches in diameter. he is about 7 years old, hasnt moved since tank upgrade 4 years. Keep PH covered if he is moving around

Thanks! I will try that with the food and see what happens. My PHs are covered but he has not been floating. Like I said, he found that crack in the rock and hasnt moved. Lol!

He is a rose bubble tip, his color at the store was fine, then I put him in the tank and what I can see of him still looks pink. I cant get to him to feel him because he has wedged himself in that crack.

Just wanted to update you guys. My beautiful nem has shown his face finally! He did not move outbof the crack, but is showing his tenticles, however it is only after the lights go out. I have fed him twice the past couple days now so hopefully he will adjust to my lights soon and come out so I can see him under the lights! Thanks for you help!

He may be acclimating to the light. You may have to much light and it will take time for him to get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom