New Reef Project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Heyas AA! Its been a while since I poked my head in here. My system took a bad knock a while back and it burned me out on reef keeping for a while. I downsized my system to a 75G and kept it up and going mostly because I had so much invested I didn't have the heart to tear it all down. Then basically I woke up one day full re-invested, got my tank back to pristine conditions over a couple months and then completely lost my mind and decided to build a monster system in my basement. Just thought I would say hello and post a link of what I have been up to lately. Good to talk to you all again!

http://www.stoutbrew.com/Reefovation.html

Welcome back! You have definately been busy. It all is looking great. We are house shoping now and this is in my future plans.

Keep us posted.

Pretty neat! I actually envisioned doing the same thing while I was constructing our movie room (in basement) - however, couldn't swing the finances on both the major construction and fish tank endeavor simultaneously.

I did do the top/bottom fish tank thing (190g top, 125g bottom). The trick is that the bottom tank needs to be at least 6" to 8" off the ground and the pump(s) have to be located at ground level. If the tanks are drilled at the bottom, just attach a 90 degree bend on them and feed the pipe/tube straight out to the pump(s). Of course, you probably can do this several other ways (ain't plumbing fun).

Anyway, congratulations on doing a wonderful job. It looks great!

Back
Top Bottom