new starter needs help with Ph!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nononan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
how to increase ph in salt water tank. my tank always keep 7.8.but i want to increase to 8.0-8.2 good to my coral. what's product need to put in the water????thanks ~~~

No product needed. Just do PWC`s and also tell me what your PH is about an hour before the lights go out. That will be a better indicator. I`ll bet a hour before the lights go out it will be between 8.0 and 8.2. BTW welcome to AA.

what is PWC??? i use text kit, which always stay in water one, but it is always show it 7.8. my tank is quit small
tank long 23inch ,wide 8 inch, and high 10

4 nemo fish and 3 small coral

i start to get saltwater fish one month ago.my light is normal one blue and one white. i always keep turn on it 8 hours a day. cos i am a new starter, so i always go to ask pet shop people .but they dont see clearly..i think i will post my tank picture later.cos i feel my corals not very healty.

Hi nono! :)
Glad you made it! :)
PWC means partial water change. I think what Melosu is trying to say is that you should test your water pH an hour before turning off your lights. A measurement taken that way is more accurate as the water parameters are given time to stabilize during the 'light' periods.

hey phrozian,thanks for ur clearly explain to me .only u know how is shortly english words i got for the fish.hahaha.....thanks a lot......i think i need go to buy ph text kit again, the old one not very exactly right ~~~

That's okay :)
I think you need to buy a liquid test kit if you don't already have one. pH test strips are not as accurate I think. :)

yes.i think so. i think maybe need to ask someone to help again. which exactly brand and website can buy ph test kit. also easy do use it.man ,i like this website, cos it helps a lot for my tank..

Hi nono! :)
Glad you made it! :)
PWC means partial water change. I think what Melosu is trying to say is that you should test your water pH an hour before turning off your lights. A measurement taken that way is more accurate as the water parameters are given time to stabilize during the 'light' periods.

(y)

BTW, i still dont know how to increase water PH from 7.8 to 8.2??? i text my water ph is 7.8 before turn off the light . how can i do??

What are you using to test the pH?
Is it a test strip, a liquid test lit, a had meter, or a meter that sits in the water all the time?
It is important to test the pH at the same time of day every time you test. Testing pH is not important IF the water salinity (SG) is in range (1.023 - 1.026) as tested with a refractometer, AND the Alkalinity, Calcium, and Magnesium levels are all in the proper range.

As Mike said, a PWC done on a regular basis (10% every week) should maintain stable parameters. It is important when doing a PWC that you mix it to the correct SG to match the tank (or close if you need to adjust the tank either up or down). The PWC water should be mixed in an open container for 24 hours before doing the PWC. This allows all the chemical reactions to stabilize.

What are you using to test the pH?
Is it a test strip, a liquid test lit, a had meter, or a meter that sits in the water all the time?

Nononan, I remember you mentioned before that you had something that measures both temperature and salinity or pH in one go. Are you using an electronic pH meter? Sometimes it's important to know what you use to measure pH just to make sure what the test tells you is really what the pH is. If you aren't sure what your test kit is like, you can take a picture and quickly upload it onto this website.

Until we establish whether your test kit is accurate, it's best that we don't do anything to change your tank yet :)

Nononan, I remember you mentioned before that you had something that measures both temperature and salinity or pH in one go. Are you using an electronic pH meter? Sometimes it's important to know what you use to measure pH just to make sure what the test tells you is really what the pH is. If you aren't sure what your test kit is like, you can take a picture and quickly upload it onto this website.

Until we establish whether your test kit is accurate, it's best that we don't do anything to change your tank yet :)

Good advice:cool:

Back
Top Bottom